Father and son reunited after 37 years thanks to Facebook

Father and son reunited after 37 years thanks to Facebook. After years of searching, a father has been reunited with his long-lost son who turned out to be only a mouse click away.

Andy Spiers-Corbett was just two when his parents separated and he lost contact with his father Graham.

Both men have spent long hours trying to track each down, but although they had never lived more than half-an-hour apart, their searches always ended in vain.


Reunited: Andy Spiers-Corbett tracked down his father Graham using  the social networking website Facebook

Reunited: Andy Spiers-Corbett tracked down his father Graham using the social networking website Facebook


That was until Andy, 39, typed his father's name into social network website Facebook and instantly picked out his photo from a long list of Graham Corbetts.

He nervously sent a message and waited for a response and within days he got one back saying 'Hello son'.

'There was about 15 Graham Corbett that came up but I saw this picture and my heart just started pounding,' said Andy, of Barlestone, Leicestershire.

'I knew it was him. It was like looking at a picture of me when I'm older.

'I just sent a message and a day or two later got one back saying, "Hello son." I couldn't believe it.'

Since the messages were exchanged less than two weeks ago, the pair have shared an emotional reunion at Graham's home in Evington, Leicestershire.

And Andy has discovered he has two half-brothers and a half-sister, as well as nieces and nephews. Graham, 61, is also grandfather to Andy's 11-year-old son.

'When me and his mum split up, I was in the British Military Police,' he said.

'I would only see him when I was on leave and one time I took him back to his mum's and he just wouldn't stop crying.


Catching up: Since getting back in touch the father and son have  shared an emotional reunion

Catching up: Since getting back in touch the father and son have shared an emotional reunion


'It broke my heart and upset him so much, I decided I couldn't see him anymore. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

'A few years after I started trying to track him down but every time I seemed to get near, they'd moved on. But then he popped up on Facebook. I had tried on it before, but I had been using the surname Corbett, not Spiers.

'I was in bits when he came over to see me. There were a few tears shed.'

Now the pair are now making up for lost time.

'I would always wonder where he was and what he was doing,' said Andy. 'As I got older I thought about him more and more.

'Now I've found him and found out I've got brothers and sisters as well.

'That was one of my fears - that he'd have a family and they wouldn't know anything about me.

'There's been a big part missing for so long but now everything is all right. It's such a wonderful feeling.The internet is an amazing invention. ( dailymail.co.uk )

My be this artikel's that you need...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More