The Art and Beauty of Makeup Mystics

The Art and Beauty of Makeup Mystics - Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.” Marilyn Monroe said and women concurred.

What is so intriguing about makeup? Ever wondered why every little is girl fascinated with mom's red lipstick? Arab News introduces you to a girl who lived her fantasy playing with colors and shades while she bloomed into an artist. A hobby turned into a passion and that passion has now become her profession. We are talking about Nilo Haq.

If you haven't already heard about her, now is the time. Haq is certified MAC pro. She worked with the likes of Alexander Zouari after achieving her MAC Pro certifications with MAC Cosmetics in Toronto.

“I started wearing makeup when I was 14. I perfected liquid black eyeliner on myself and soon afterward, began experimenting with colors on my friends and relatives,” she admitted."

From the following interview, you can pick up on Haq’s style and charisma and learn some unique beauty fixes from her.


http://arabnews.com/lifestyle/fashion/article512001.ece/REPRESENTATIONS/large_620x350/liftheartofmakeup003.jpg


How did you set foot into professional makeup art?

After I graduated from school, my husband pushed me to take my passions a step further, so I began taking professional makeup courses.

I completed my MAC Pro certifications and trained in Karachi at Shaheen’s and Nabila’s. I’ve also had the opportunity to train with several professional Lebanese makeup artists while working at Alexander Zouari. I've been doing makeup ever since and love it!

How do customers contact you?


One friend tells another and that is how clients generally contact me. I also have a Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/iGlowStudios), which displays my work and services, so many people contact me online.

What’s your clientele mostly like?


My clientele is mixed, from different nationalities and cultures. They are generally women who prefer a more natural style of makeup.

What about bridal packages?


I enjoy doing bridal makeup and I charge SR 1,000 for our basic bridal package, which includes bridal makeup, bridal hair, jewelry and settings.

For those who are interested in a career in makeup, what advice do you have for women in Saudi Arabia?


You don’t need any training if you are already talented, as makeup has no rules. However, it is very good idea to get some formal education to build confidence and a strong base. Jeddah is full of opportunities for women. Take every good opportunity possible, as experience is key to becoming a successful makeup artist.

What is your signature style?


My signature style is definitely perfect winged out black liquid eyeliner, natural skin and a bold lip color. I love experimenting with lip colors.

What are your favorite must-have products in your kit?


Black Track Fluid Line MAC, Tint Foundation MAC and Lancome Hypnose Mascara.

What inspired you to pursue a career in makeup?


Shopping at a MAC store in Toronto inspired me to pursue my career in makeup along with the love and support of my husband. I wouldn’t be where I am without him. I didn’t really plan it, as it was a dream that I didn’t know could be possible. Once I finished professional makeup training, I started my career in makeup retail. One opportunity led to another and things just fell into place.

Through your career, you have worked with many celebrities and traveled to a number of places in the world. What has been the highlight of your career?


The highlight of my career thus far would be my experience working at MAC and all the amazing opportunities I have had here in Jeddah, especially teaching makeup at Dar Al Hekma College.

Who is your makeup mentor and why? And, do you have a makeup artist that inspires you?


I don’t have a makeup mentor but many makeup artists inspire me. Number one on my list would be Micky Contractor, as his career growth inspires me. Kevyn Aucoin’s talent and Pat McGrath’s creativity also inspire me.

Where do you plan on going from here?


I enjoy teaching makeup at Dar Al Hekma College. We are starting fashion makeup this term, which I am really excited about. I want to start more beauty courses. I am also enjoying blogging and beauty writing, and I have a couple of projects I am currently working on. The sky is the limit!

What brands of makeup products do you use? What advice would you give women?


MAC & Makeup Forever would definitely be my top two. I also like specific products from YSL, Chanel and Armani.

My advice to ladies when buying products is that don't feel that a high price tag reflects quality. Test and try the product before purchasing it and take a look at yourself in different lighting.

Haq leaves us with a revelation of mom's red lips: "You can never go wrong with a classic red lip color." ( arabnews.com )

My be this artikel's that you need...!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More